Kick off the school year with these fun worksheets and activities connecting technology to summer activities!
My Summer Technology (Lower Elementary): Students will describe one technology they used this summer, then illustrate themselves using this technology.
My Summer Technology (Upper Elementary): Students will describe two technologies they used this summer, and the problems these technologies solved. Then, students will imagine their own summer technology to solve a unique problem!
Our Summer Technology (Lower & Upper Elementary): The class will list technologies used by students, allowing for discussion and a math extension.
Download our free STEM Rubric to help track your students' growth.
The qualitative criteria we recommend using to track growth are:
Application of Knowledge
- Makes connections and transfers learning to other subjects and situations
- Understands, applies, transfers abstract concepts
- Applies problem-solving strategies
- Demonstrates developed reasoning and critical thinking
- Sees the familiar in different ways
- Innovates original ideas
- Is highly curious
- Contributes to class discussions
- Cooperates with group members and contributes fairly
- Provides constructive feedback to classmates
- Expresses ideas clearly to others
- Demonstrates persistence
- Demonstrates self-reflection
- Strives to make improvements to work
- Exhibits focus on tasks
- Explores, researches, questions ideas independently